Individual supporters are vital in securing the future of the museum's successful education and exhibition programmes.
There are several ways that you can choose to donate to the museum, whether you join as a Member or become part of the Design Circle. The museum is grateful for all the support it receives from generous individuals, and hopefully you will be inspired to join.
The Design Circle
The Design Circle offers individuals an opportunity to get closer to the museum.
Design Circle members come together to discover, debate and celebrate design with like-minded individuals through a programme of exclusive events and opportunities. They also make a huge difference, helping the museum to champion the future, nurturing and supporting some of the world’s best talent, enabling us to inspire diverse audiences and to be the world’s leading museum dedicated to contemporary design and architecture.
An insight into the rapidly changing landscape of contemporary design
• Unlimited, free, priority entry to exhibitions for you and a guest
• Invitation to patrons’ previews of all major exhibitions with drinks and curator-led tours
• Tailor-made annual events programme, offering behind-the-scenes access to the design world
• Access to leading art and design fairs in London
• The opportunity to join Design Museum trips
• Priority booking for public programme events and family workshops
• 20% discount in the Design Museum Shop
• Design Circle e-newsletters and updates
• Acknowledgement or your patronage in the museum and on the website
£1,000 or £83.33 per month via Direct Debit
£200 benefit, plus £800 voluntary donation
If you do not want to receive benefits or attend events, but would still like to make a contribution to the Design Museum as a Patron, you can become a Patron Donor.
The entire amount you give will go towards supporting the creating, exhibiting and debating of contemporary design and architecture.
You will be kept up to date with all that is going on at the Design Museum through the Design Circle's newsletter and you’re welcome to visit at any time.
The museum receives only 2% of support from the government. Your support will help champion the future, nurturing and supporting some of the world's best talent, enabling the Design Museum to inspire audiences everywhere.
£0 benefit, £1000+ voluntary donation
Meet the architects and designers shaping the future
All the benefits of Design Patrons plus:
• Unlimited, free, priority entry to exhibitions for you and up to three guests
• Personal curator-led tour for you and up to 10 guests
• Private visits to leading designer studios and private collections
• Access to leading international art and design fairs
• Priority hire of the Design Museum spaces for your own private events
• A complimentary exhibition catalogue of your choice
£5,000 or £416.66 per month by direct debit
£400 benefit, plus £4,600 voluntary donation
Discover the international design scene and get exclusive access to inspiring designers
Design Benefactors enjoy a unique relationship with the museum benefiting from exclusive access to the Directors, curators, designers and the design industry. Discover contemporary design and emerging talent through a range of exclusive experiences and events.
£10,000 or £833.33 per month by direct debit
£800 benefit, plus £9,200 voluntary donation