Following official advice from Government and Public Health England, the museum is temporarily closed until further notice. If you become a member at this time, please be aware you won't have access to your membership benefits until we reopen.
If you have bought a gift membership for someone and the start date of the membership occurs while the museum is closed, we will begin the membership from the date that the museum opens on and issue a membership card shortly after this date.
Choose between two membership packages: Membership Plus (£75 per annum) and Student Membership (£45 per annum).
Members are entitled to the following for the duration of their membership, beginning from the date you select as the membership start date:
• Unlimited free access to all temporary exhibitions, plus a guest and up to three children aged 15 and under when attending with the named member
• Skip the queues – no need to book a ticket in advance; simply show the membership card
• Invitations to member-only events including Lates and out of hours access to the exhibitions
• Monthly e-newsletter with information about what is going on at the museum and upcoming events, plus news and offers from our partners. Make sure you include their up-to-date email address so they don't miss out.
• Up to 25% off select events and a member-only priority booking period each season
• 10% discount in the Design Museum shops
• 20% discount on food and drink from the café, plus free tea or filter coffee from 10am-12pm or 3pm-5.30pm each day
To be eligible for student membership, the member must be enrolled in full-time or part-time education at the time of application.
How to purchase
The membership begins on the chosen start date, unless the museum is still closed on the chosen start date, in which case the start date will become the date on which the museum reopens.
The gift recipient will receive a welcome email on or after this start date (we won’t contact the person you are gifting before the chosen start date).
At present, we are not able to send out membership packs or temporary gift membership cards.
Kindly please note gift memberships cannot be purchased by Direct Debit, and are not sold as "vouchers" to be redeemed upon first date of use.