Course Book now
Creative Startup Essentials by Creative Entrepreneurs: Marketing Basics
How do you turn a creative idea into a successful business? Whether it’s setting up a design studio, digital agency, or running a gallery, knowing the basics of business is an essential part of launching a new venture.
Produced by Creative Entrepreneurs, this is the third in the ‘Creative Startup Essentials’ course series. This three-part course will dig deep into the key elements of marketing. Through seminar discussions and hands-on activities, participants will gain the skills and knowledge they need to begin to turn their creative ideas into business reality.
Whether you have already started a creative business, have an idea for a new one or just want to learn more, we welcome you to join this course.
Session One: Your Brand
by Carolyn Dailey, Founder, Creative Entrepreneurs
• Overview: What is a brand?
• Defining your brand’s DNA
• Developing your brand’s positioning
• Building a brand tone of voice and key messaging
• Developing a brand look and feel
• Creating a brand customer experience
Session Two: Social Media
by Cody Eastmond, Senior Digital Director, The Communications Store London
• Overview: what is social media marketing?
• Introduction to marketing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat?
• Introduction to video content marketing
• Building paid social ad campaigns
• Measuring and monitoring your social media presence; key metrics, monitoring tools and approaches to reporting
Session Three: Communications & PR
by Carmen Marrero, Founder, Marerro & Co.
• Overview: What is communications and why is it crucial to marketing your startup?
• Engaging journalists and influencers
• How to write a press release
• Introduction to content marketing
• Crisis management
Student/ concession: £75
Session one speaker
Carolyn is the Founder of Creative Entrepreneurs, which she launched in 2016. Previously, she built her 20-year career in the creative sector at Time Warner, where she was MD of Time Warner International, London. She has been named by WIRED Magazine as one of the Top 10 women 'Digital Power Brokers’ and by BIMA as one of the Top 10 Entrepreneurs shaping the future of Britain’s digital industry.
Session two speaker
Cody Eastmond is a digital-first strategic thinker with 13 years’ experience within retail, marketing, content creation and primarily social media strategy Developing innovative storytelling and social media programs built for smart performance and ROI. In 2017 Cody was promoted to Senior Digital Director, following five years at The Communications Store London, leading this growing offer and a team of 16 specialists across UK and North America.
Session three speaker
Carmen is the Founder of Marrero & Co which helps creative companies build their reputation for growth. Over the last 15 years, she has helped some of the world’s leading designers, innovators and creative founders raise their profile, expand their networks and position their business for commercial success. A classical pianist by training, she is passionate about art and culture, and the positive impact that creativity has on people’s lives.
Creative Entrepreneurs is a support network providing resources, mentoring and opportunities. Our mission is to empower creative people to transform their lives by building sustainable businesses that let their creativity take flight.