Course Book now
Creative Startup Essentials by Creative Entrepreneurs: How to Build a Website
Having a beautiful but functional website is vital to the success of any creative business. However, many creative entrepreneurs struggle to find the right support when it comes to building their website. This three-part course, led by industry experts, introduces the practical steps and options you need to know about to build a successful website for your creative start-up.
From registering domain names to finding a hosting service and developing an SEO strategy, to integrating payment platforms, this course will reveal the steps needed to build the most successful site for your creative startup, to allow your business to thrive.
The fourth in the the ‘Start-up Essentials’ series of courses led by Creative Entrepreneurs, this event is designed to help people turn their creative ideas into business reality. Everyone is welcome to attend this course. Whether you have already started a creative business, have an idea for a new one or just want to learn more, we welcome you to join this course.
Session One: Basics & Website Builders
By: Jessica Gough
• Finding and registering a domain name
• What to look for when finding a web hosting service
• Introduction to website builders and templates
• Using a website template vs a bespoke build
Session Two: Bespoke Websites
By: Filippos Protogeridis
• Where to find designers and programmers
• How to work with designers and programmers to build bespoke sites
• Top tips for project managing bespoke website builds
Session Three: Integrating & Optimising
By: Sam Hooper and Sofia Berg
• Introduction to User Experience (UX) design and top tips
• Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and how to build a strategy
• How to integrate your website with email marketing software, CRMs and social media
Filippos is an award-winning digital product designer, working with leading tech companies globally and helping them transform ideas into compelling experiences. He has extensive experience in working across multiple industries, including fintech, healthcare, travel, food and localization.
Sam Hooper is the UX Lead at Cyber-Duck, the award-winning user experience transformation agency. His team recently won the UX & Usability category at The Drum’s DADI Awards. He is committed to fostering young talent, as the ambassador for Design Thinking at the ‘AI for Teens’ and ‘Girls in AI’ events ran by Acorn Aspirations in partnership with Microsoft.
Student/ concession: £75
Creative Entrepreneurs is a support network providing resources, mentoring and opportunities. Our mission is to empower creative people to transform their lives by building sustainable businesses that let their creativity take flight.