Be the first to know. Subscribe to the museum's newsletter to receive updates about exhibitions, events, courses, new shop products, offers and more.
Your favourite things
We are surrounded by objects. Millions of them fill our homes, our workplaces and the environment around us. Some objects are functional and practical, while others are decorative and sculptural. Whether we use them every day or just a few times in our lives, they are important because of the personal connection we have with them.
This is where you come in
As part of the Design Museum's inaugural permanent Design Gallery we will be creating a display made up of objects suggested by you. Please use the form below to suggest your favourite object or ones which you feel are particularly well designed. These objects, along with your reasons for choosing them, will be featured at the entrance of the exhibition.
• What object do you rely on the most?
• Is there one object that could represent your identity?
• What object symbolises where you come from, or where you live now?
• If you were given £20, what object would you buy?
• Of the objects you own, which do you feel is the most practical?
• What object do you find most beautiful?
• If you could put anything in the Design Museum what would it be?
• You can choose to share either one or two objects
Those who suggest their object of choice will be in the running to win two passes to the museums opening preview night in November, as well as a yearlong membership. There will also be further memberships given to runners up.
Send your Name, Age, Country, Object and why you have chosen this object to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.
Submission does not mean inclusion in the display. Submitted images will only be used for reference. By submitting the text, you are giving the museum permission to use your name and this text in any media and without consultation.